Plan a visit to the Children's Museum of Idaho
Location and Hours
790 S Progress Avenue
Meridian, ID 83642
Tuesday - Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Members-only: Tuesday through Saturday one hour before opening
- During each visit, there must be a minimum of 1 adult, 18 years of age or older, for every 4 children.
- Maximum of three adults can be listed on the membership.
- All members listed on a pass must reside at the same address.
- Photo ID will be required at check in.
- Memberships are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- Inappropriate attire in the judgment of the staff will not be allowed.
- Adults not admitted without a child.
Field Trips and Group Visits
Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Museum of Idaho! Following is information to get you started on planning your field trip or group visit to the museum. You can also visit our website www.cmidaho.org to learn more about our facility and educational philosophy behind it.
Hours and Availability:
Field trips and group visits are available Tuesday through Friday. We schedule two hours in the morning 10am-noon, afternoon 12:30-2:30pm (maximum 60 participants including adult chaperones for each time slot) or 3:00-5:00pm (maximum 75 participants including adult chaperones). Only one field trip or group is scheduled per day in each time slot to ensure that all of our visitors have a positive experience. If your field trip or group exceeds 75 participants we can schedule a visit on Monday when the museum is closed to the general public.
$5.00 per child (Minimum group 20 children)
One adult chaperone or teacher is required for every four children and is admitted free. If you do not have the required number of adults, we will provide a staff member to stay with your group for $20 per hour. Adults over the 1:4 ratio pay group price. Museum memberships are not valid for field trips or group visits.
Adult chaperones and teachers must:
• stay with their small group at all times to assist them with hands-on activities
• facilitate pick-up of each exhibit area after use
• ensure children follow all safety rules
• refrain from cell phone use during visit
• monitor that food and beverages are not consumed in the museum
Scholarships: through a generous donation from Idaho STEM Action Center, there are limited funds available for Idaho Title 1 schools. For information contact email@example.com or call 208.515.2915.
25% deposit is due within seven (7) business days of reservation and is nonrefundable.
Balance due at time of visit.
Making a Reservation:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.515.2915 to check availability for your proposed date. Once availability is confirmed, we will reserve your group’s date and time and email a reservation form with instructions for paying the deposit.
If you have questions, please contact us at 208.345.1920 or email Jan Lynch, Visitor Services Manager at email@example.com.
Birthday Party Package *
- Exclusive use of private party room for two (2) hours
- All day admission for up to 25 children and/or adults (1:4 ratio of adults to children required). Maximum room occupancy 35.
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Birthday plates, napkins, cups, forks, spoons, invitations, thank you cards
- Use of birthday banner and tablecloths
- Gift for birthday child
- Rate: Up to 25 people (adults and/or children):
- Tuesday through Friday: $225
- Saturday and Sunday: $275
- 10% discount for members
- Adults and/or children over the 25 person limit, pay regular admission unless they are a member
Community Room Reservation *
Community Room is perfect for small parties, groups, families, meetings:
Exclusive use of Community Room for two (2) hours
- Rate: $150 includes a punchcard good for ten (10) admissions.
Facility Rental (Subject to approval) *
- Exclusive access to the Museum for three hours (Wednesday through Saturday from 6-10pm)
- 1/2 hour of set-up time and 1/2 hour clean-up time
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Rate: Up to 150 people (adults and/or children)
- Wednesday and Thursday: $800
- Friday and Saturday: $950
* A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required when reserving a Birthday Package, Room or Facility Rental. Payment in full is due two weeks prior to the event and is non-refundable.