Plan a visit to the Children's Museum of Idaho
Location and Hours
790 S Progress Avenue
Meridian, ID 83642
Tuesday - Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Members-only: Tuesday through Saturday one hour before opening
- During each visit, there must be a minimum of 1 adult, 18 years of age or older, for every 4 children.
- Maximum of three adults can be listed on the membership.
- All members listed on a pass must reside at the same address.
- Photo ID will be required at check in.
- Memberships are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- Adults not admitted without a child.
Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Museum of Idaho! Below is some information to get you started on planning your field trip adventure!
Hours and Availability
Field trips are available on a first come, first served basis Tuesday through Friday. Field trips will either be available in the morning from 10:00am to 12:00pm, or in the afternoon from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. We will only schedule one field trip per day in each time slot to ensure our visitors have the most positive experience.
Cost and Requirements
For school groups of up to 40 children and adults, the field trip cost is $150.00. For groups larger than 40, we will work with you to coordinate a visit over multiple days. We require that all field trips for grades K-3 have a 1:4 adult to student ratio. For preschool groups, we require a 1:3 adult to student ratio. Only students and adult chaperones are allowed to participate in the field trip. Siblings, other children and adults that are not chaperones, cannot be a part of the field trip group.
The museum is a learning environment which requires adult involvement. Adult chaperones will be required to stay with their small group at all times to assist them with the hands-on activities. Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum although outdoor tables will be available in the early Spring.
If something unforeseen occurs on your scheduled field trip day such as a snow day or class flu epidemic, we will work with you to reschedule the trip. We follow West Ada’s illness policy and will enforce it. Please contact us no later than 24 hours before your visit to cancel. Reservation fees are non-refundable; we will work diligently to find another date that works for your group.
Please visit the Contact Us page and send us an e-mail to check availability for your proposed date. Once availability is confirmed we will tentatively reserve your group’s date and time. The total fee amount is required within 7 business days of making your reservation. Please mail your check payable to the Children’s Museum of Idaho, PO Box 1372, Meridian ID, 83680. Once your fee is received, we will e-mail you a confirmation. If alternate arrangements need to be made, do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to work with you.
Have 15 children or less? Email for information on our punch card option.
Birthday Party Package *
- Exclusive use of private party room for 2 hours
- All day admission for up to 20 children and/or adults (1:4 ratio of adults to children required). Maximum occupancy 35.
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Birthday plates, napkins, cups, forks, spoons, invitations, thank you cards
- Use of birthday banner and tablecloths
- Gift for birthday child
- Rate: Up to 20 people (adults and/or children):
- Tuesday through Friday: $225
- Saturday and Sunday: $275
- 10% discount for members
- Adults and/or children over the 20 person limit, pay regular admission unless they are a member
Community Room Rental *
- Exclusive use of Community Room for 2 hours
- Rate: $150 with a minimum of 7 paid admissions
Facility Rental (Subject to approval) *
- Exclusive access to the Museum for three hours (Wednesday through Saturday from 6-10pm)
- 1/2 hour of set-up time and 1/2 hour clean-up time
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Rate: Up to 100 people (adults and/or children)
- Wednesday and Thursday: $800
- Friday and Saturday: $950
* A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required when reserving a Birthday Package, Room or Facility Rental. Payment in full is due two weeks prior to the event and is non-refundable.