COVID Update: Children's Museum of Idaho is open and we welcome you to discover and enjoy an array of new and enhanced exhibits. For the safety of our visitors and staff, several new protocols have been put into place. For a complete list, scroll down to "Upcoming Events" where you will also find information on our Superhero Obstacle Fun Run, STEMsational Parent-Child Workshops and KinderCamps featuring a new exciting theme each week!
Children’s Museum of Idaho inspires and nurtures future explorers, innovators, and critical thinkers through interactive play in a safe, engaging environment with hands-on exhibits and programs designed specifically for children ages two to eight years old.
Some of our main objectives include:
Creating a dynamic hands-on unstructured educational experience where children ages 2-8, along with the adults in their lives, learn through purposeful play
Providing an enriching atmosphere that is accessible to children and their families,
regardless of their disability or income
Building an atmosphere that fosters positive intergenerational relationships by
encouraging adult-child interaction
Establishing an unplugged zone where phones and electronic devices are discouraged
Featured Upcoming Events
COVID-19 Policies and Protocol:
In the effort to control community spread of COVID-19, the Children’s Museum of Idaho supports Ada County's mandate requiring face coverings for all adults and children over the age of 2. This requirement will not apply to our outdoor exhibit space if social distancing can be maintained. Many of our programs, such as story time and projects will be moving outdoors. We hope that you will visit us soon as we work together to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm (members only one hour prior to opening) Sunday 1-5pm
1. Maximum occupancy of 50 with a maximum of 10 people in an area at one time.
2. Practice social distancing and stay six feet apart from staff or other patrons.
3. Stay with family members; play together at all times. Children must be supervised and stay with an adult.
4. Face covering are required for adults and children over age 2 indoors. This requirement will not apply to our outdoor exhibit space if social distancing can be maintained. Masks and face shields are available free of charge at the front desk.
5. Use hand sanitizer upon entering and wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
6. DO NOT enter the Museum if you are sick, coughing or have a fever.
It is expected that everyone will strictly adhere to these enhanced policies. Because of the uncertainty of the pandemic during the reopening of our community, everything is subject to change.
We're in this together and want you to know that we are firmly committed to protecting the health and safety of our visitors, community and staff.