Children’s Museum of Idaho is moving into its new facility in Meridian. We are busy fabricating exhibits and developing programs for children and families of the Treasure Valley to turn ordinary days into extraordinary experiences.
Our ribbon cutting and grand opening is scheduled for December 1st 2018.
Some of our main objectives include:
Creating a dynamic hands-on unstructured educational experience where children ages 2-8, along with the adults in their lives, learn through purposeful play
Providing an enriching atmosphere that is accessible to children and their families,
regardless of their disability or income
Building an atmosphere that fosters positive intergenerational relationships by
encouraging adult-child interaction
Establishing an unplugged zone where phones and electronic devices are discouraged
To inspire and nurture future explorers, innovators, and critical thinkers through interactive play in a safe, engaging environment with hands-on exhibits and programs designed specifically for children ages two to eight
The Children’s Museum of Idaho will be a place where children learn through play and exploration in environments and experiences created just for them. The interactive exhibits are designed to be manipulated by children and guided by an adult (parent, grandparent, caregiver). This hands-on approach inspires young minds to take an active role that stimulates learning and addresses the developmental needs of children.
By supporting the Children’s Museum of Idaho through annual memberships, gifts, or exhibit sponsorship, you help provide a unique community resource that is dedicated to educating children and strengthening families in an active learning environment that inspires every child to image, create, discover and explore through the power of play.
How You Can Help Bring the Children's Museum TO Idaho
Membership to the Children's Museum of Idaho allows your family to enjoy the innovative exhibits and amenities as often as you like for one price. The museum is dedicated to educating children and strengthening families in an active learning environment that inspires every child to imagine, create, discover and explore through the power of play.
As a non-profit organization, your participation in our membership program helps to ensure that The Children’s Museum of Idaho continues to thrive as a family resource that helps children grow into creative, capable individuals who realize learning can be so much fun! Pre-opening annual memberships are discounted and can be tailored to your family. Memberships are valid for one year from the day of your first visit.
Return on Investment (ROI) is a performance measure used to evaluate one investment to another. There is no greater ROI than providing learning opportunities and offering a place for children and families to spend quality time together. Your gift can help print learning guides, sponsor admission for low-income families, design and fabricate exhibits and a multitude of other uses. Your financial support will help us build and sustain this unique facility for the families of the Treasure Valley.
One of the most meaningful impacts you can make is by sponsoring an exhibit. Your commitment will allow children, and the adults in their lives, to create, discover and learn by engaging in hands-on interactive exhibits and activities. The investment you make will help us design and fabricate an exhibit that will not only help visitors explore new ideas, but also promote your company or brand to thousands of future visitors.
Exhibit sponsorships are a win-win for the companies that receive immeasurable publicity to the estimated 70,000+ visitors a year and the children that are inspired by the wonder and excitement of learning through these exhibits.
Volunteers play an essential role in bringing the museum to life and sustaining it after opening. Whether you are an artist, carpenter, interested in helping with exhibit creation or assisting with the day-to-day operations, please contact us to volunteer.
Admission to the Museum
- Guests ages 2 to adult: $8
- Under 2: Free
- EBT card holders: $3 (up to 5 people)
Buy an Annual Membership
Buy a Punchcard
Plan a visit to the Children's Museum of Idaho
Location and Hours
790 S Progress Avenue
Meridian, ID 83642
Monday: Closed *
Tuesday: 10am - 5pm (Members only 6pm - 8pm)
Wednesday - Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Members-only: Tuesday through Saturday one hour before opening
* Monday closed to the public but open 10am to noon for families in need of a low sensory environment for their children
- During each visit, there must be a minimum of 1 adult, 18 years of age or older, for every 4 children.
- Maximum of two adults can be listed on the membership card.
- An adult named on the card must be present when children covered by the card visit the Museum.
- Photo ID may be required at check in.
- Memberships are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- Not valid for field trips or group visit discounts.
- Adults not admitted without a child.
Birthday Party Package **
- Exclusive use of private party room for 2 hours
- All day admission for up to 20 children and/or adults (1:4 ratio of adults to children required)
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Birthday plates, napkins, cups, forks, spoons, invitations, thank you cards
- Use of birthday banner and tablecloths
- Rate: Up to 20 people (adults and/or children)
- Tuesday through Friday: $225
- Saturday and Sunday: $275
Private Parties (Subject to approval) **
- Exclusive access to the Museum for three hours (Wednesday through Saturday from 6-10pm)
- 1/2 hour of set-up time and 1/2 hour clean-up time
- Dedicated CMI Party Host
- Rate: Up to 100 people (adults and/or children)
- Wednesday and Thursday: $800
- Friday and Saturday: $950
** A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required when reserving a Birthday or Private Party Package. Payment in full is due two weeks prior to the party date and its non-refundable.