REOPENING NEWS: Children's Museum of Idaho reopened on Saturday, May 23. We welcome you back to discover and enjoy an array of new and enhanced exhibits. For the safety of our visitors and staff, several new protocols have been put into place. For a complete list, scroll down to "Upcoming Events" where you will also find information on our "Harry Potter Camp".
Children’s Museum of Idaho inspires and nurtures future explorers, innovators, and critical thinkers through interactive play in a safe, engaging environment with hands-on exhibits and programs designed specifically for children ages two to eight years old.
Some of our main objectives include:
Creating a dynamic hands-on unstructured educational experience where children ages 2-8, along with the adults in their lives, learn through purposeful play
Providing an enriching atmosphere that is accessible to children and their families,
regardless of their disability or income
Building an atmosphere that fosters positive intergenerational relationships by
encouraging adult-child interaction
Establishing an unplugged zone where phones and electronic devices are discouraged
Featured Upcoming Events
We've missed you and are so excited to announce our Reopening! Your safety is our top priority and our new safe reopening policy will be strictly enforced to protect members, patrons and staff.
New hours May and June: Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm (members only one hour prior to opening) Sunday 1-5pm
1. Maximum occupancy of 50 with a maximum of 10 people in an area at one time.
2. Practice social distancing and stay six feet away from staff or other patrons.
3. Stay with family members; play together at all times. Children must be supervised and stay with adult.
4. Face covering will be required of adults and children over age twelve except in the outdoor exhibit areas. This requirement does not apply to individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition. Disposable face masks are available at the front desk at no charge.
5. Use hand sanitizer upon entering and wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
6. DO NOT enter the Museum if you are sick, coughing or have a fever.
It is expected that everyone will strictly adhere to these enhanced policies. Because of the uncertainty of the pandemic during the reopening of our community, everything is subject to change.
We're in this together and want you to know that we are firmly committed to protecting the health and safety of our visitors, community and staff.
Maximum 10 students in each camp